89th Regiment of Foot Uniform Remnant and Buttons
- Media Type:
- This is a cloth fragment of a uniform worn by a soldier of the 89th Regiment at the Battle of Lundy’s Lane. It was discovered in a trench on Lundy’s Lane on Sept. 3, 1891. There are also three regimental buttons on the top right and five buttons attached to the uniform remnant.
The second battalion of this regiment arrived at Quebec in August 1814. The Light Company of the first battalion were involved at Longwood and Black Rock. The 89th were also engaged at Chrystler’s Farm and the assault on Fort Erie. The regiment was authorized to carry “Niagara” on its colours. After the war, the regiment returned home and disbanded in November 1816.
- Local identifier:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Falls History Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Falls History Museum for any reproductions of this image.
Niagara Falls History Museum